AW: RE: xlog loose ends, continued - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: RE: xlog loose ends, continued
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Anyway I like idea of StartUpID in page headers - this will help

Can you please describe StartUpID for me ?
Ideal would be a stamp that has the last (smallest open) XID, or something else
that has more or less timestamp characteristics (without the actual need of wallclock)
in regard to the WAL.
This could then also be used to scan all pages for modification since
last backup, to make incremental backups possible. (note, that incremental
backup is not WAL backup)

Andreas