AW: Unhappy thoughts about pg_dump and objects inherite d from template1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: Unhappy thoughts about pg_dump and objects inherite d from template1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> >Do we still need the lastsysoid column in pg_database if we do things
> >this way?  Seems like what you really want is to suppress all the
> >objects that are in template0, so you really only need one lastsysoid
> >value, namely template0's.  The other entries are useless AFAICS.

> Where would you store the value if not in pg_database?

Would probably best be a fixed value, that leaves room for modifications in
template0, that might be necessary for new versions.

This oid would have to be explicitly set as last step of initdb.

Andreas