AW: AW: v7.0.3 *pre-release* ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: AW: v7.0.3 *pre-release* ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Pete Forman <gsez020@kryten.bedford.waii.com> writes:
> > The only remaining failure is geometry.  The results I got
> were nearly
> > identical to geometry-powerpc-aix4.out.  The only
> differences were the
> > order of rows returned by three of the tables.  I'll submit the
> > results file to pgsql-patches.
>
> Rather than making still another results file, let's fix the .sql file
> to do an explicit ORDER BY for those queries.  The regress tests are
> mostly pretty lazy about ensuring a platform-independent ordering of
> query results.  In many places we can get away with that, but every so
> often we notice another place where we can't.  Looks like you've just
> identified another.

Has there been a change to geometry.out that was not incorporated into
the platform specific geometry-powerpc-aix4.out between 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 ?
This looks like a different plan is chosen now. I don't beleive this can be
platform dependent.

Andreas