Re: Heavy write activity on first vacuum of fresh TOAST data - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Heavy write activity on first vacuum of fresh TOAST data
Date
Re: Heavy write activity on first vacuum of fresh TOAST data
Re: Heavy write activity on first vacuum of fresh TOASTa
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 09:46 -0600, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> The data was inserted through a Java program using a prepared
> statement with no indexes on the table.  The primary key was then
> added, and now I've started a vacuum.  The new table wound up being
> the first big table vacuumed, and I noticed something odd.  Even
> though there have been no rollbacks, updates, or deletes on this
> table, the vacuum is writing as much as it is reading while dealing
> with the TOAST data.

Writing hint bits. Annoying isn't it? :-(

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com