Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?
Date
Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-www
On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 14:57 -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nobody replied to my previous mail with this question, but spammers are
> getting better.
>
> It seems to me we could reject mail that is destined to the list if it's
> from the list address.  No?

Only Marc can do anything about that.

In general, I'd say the postgresql.org mailservers shouldn't accept any
mail (unauthenticated) that's from an @postgresql.org address. But IIRC
someone was still relaying unauthenticated mail through there the last
time I proposed that :-)

Not sure if the integration with the hub.org MXen might be causing
issues here - we certainly wouldn't want those to be affected if we
restrict things...

//Magnus