Re: 7.4 JDBC driver with 8.1 server? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.4 JDBC driver with 8.1 server?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> I also might consider using an 8.2dev driver that has been adjusted to
> set the stringtype[2] parameter to unspecified.  This would reduce the
> impact of the 8.0 changes while still providing new features.

This sounds like a pretty good idea to me, but I doubt Red Hat will go
for shipping a devel-snapshot driver ;-).  What I could possibly sell
them on is an 8.1 release driver plus a patch just to enable the
stringtype=unspecified behavior.  Do you have an idea how large such a
patch would be, and how painful to prepare it?

            regards, tom lane