Re: postgresql 8.1.10-1PGDG (32 bit) installaion on RHEL 4 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: postgresql 8.1.10-1PGDG (32 bit) installaion on RHEL 4
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 17:20 -0500, gokul@appshub.com wrote:

>   I'm trying to install postgresql 8.1.10-1PGDG (32 bit) on Red Hat
>   Enterprise Linux  v4.. I downloaded the rpms and tried to install it
>   when the 'pl' package alone is failing for the below dependencies.
>
>   error: Failed dependencies:
>           libperl.so is needed by postgresql-pl-8.1.10-1PGDG.rhel4.i686

IIRC, libperl.so is installed by perl itself -- isn't is there?

>           libpython2.3.so.1.0 is needed by
>   postgresql-pl-8.1.10-1PGDG.rhel4.i686

and this is supplied by python RPM.

Both perl and python packages are among the default installation package
group of Red Hat, IIRC. I can understand that perl is uninstallable, but
python cannot thinking that yum depends on it :)

...and just a reminder: If you don't need PL/Python and PL/Perl, you
don't need to install that package.

Regards,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE