Re: Search path in group_roles not honered for logins - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ow Mun Heng
Subject Re: Search path in group_roles not honered for logins
Date
List pgsql-general
> Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com> writes:
> > Why is this such or is this an intended feature?
>
> No, there is no intention that ALTER ROLE SET values be inherited ---
> what you get is just what is attached to the role you logged in as.
> What would you do with conflicting sets from different inherited roles,
> to name just one problem?

So. it's a intended feature, and I didn't think of the differences you
mentioned.

I would have thought that, just like a normal *nix ACL, the
roles/permissions would get inherited based on the group's role.

So, I'll have to manually create the set the roles for the individual
users. Perhaps I shouldn't have changed from using the  public schema.

K. thanks for the answer.