Re: Proposed patch for bug #3921 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposed patch for bug #3921
Date
List pgsql-patches
> So the syntax would be

> CREATE TABLE foo (..., LIKE bar INCLUDING INDEXES USING INDEX TABLESPACE foo_ts, ...)

This (presumably) forces all the indexes into the same tablespace,
so I don't find it to be a complete solution, just a wart.

We could get the same behavior with much less code if we redefined
LIKE to not try to copy the source indexes' tablespace(s).  Then,
the user would set default_tablespace to get the effect of the
USING clause.

That would also make LIKE entirely free of tablespace permissions
hazards, so I'm starting to think more and more that that's really the
right definition.

            regards, tom lane