Re: Index Usage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joao Miguel Ferreira
Subject Re: Index Usage
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 15:51 -0700, Ben wrote:
> You could take a look at pg_statio_user_indexes and/or
> pg_stat_user_indexes, if you have stats enabled....
>
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Bryan Murphy wrote:

If your intention is to eliminate the unused indexes rows you should run
'vaccum' and/or 'vacuum full' and/or 'reindex'.

This also has the consequence of freing filesystem space and returning
it back to the OS.

Check it out here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/maintenance.html

chapters 22.1, 22.2 and 22.3