Re: pgadmin's pgagent job scheduler - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ow Mun Heng
Subject Re: pgadmin's pgagent job scheduler
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 09:56 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > Does anyone from this list here uses pgagent from pgadmin?
> >
> > it's a job schedular much like cron which is sort of integrated w/
> > pgadmin3. Only issue which I've found so far which I don't quite like is
> > that to be able to use pgagent, I have to also pull in the entire
> > pgadmin3 incl wxGTK and X. This isn't a good thing on a linux server.
> > (even though X is never used)
> >
> > Anyway.. I've installed it from pgadmin-1.4.3 and it's running fine thus
> > far w/ the jobs and all. (there are some quirks, but that's another
> > story).
>
> Use 1.6.3's version or even 1.8RC1's - they should be much lighter on
> the library front.

I've only have 1.4.3 version for centos. (and for gentoo)
so.. I have to use that version.

> > Thus far, the only serious issue I've seen with it is that for some
> > reason, I can't or is not able to connect pgadmin running from another
> > client, connecting to the server, to show the available/scheduled jobs.
> > (I've already selected the File->options->pgagent jobs options)
>
> Make sure you use the same database for the initial connection from
> pgAdmin (the Maintenance DB on the server dialogue) on the remote
> machine as pgagent connects to.

I've changed the maintenance DB which it connects to to be postgres DB
and not it shows up. Eh.. how come? Is this a feature?

Additionally, when I connect as NON-postgres user, I can't get to the
pgagent schema. How do I grant access to it? pgagent schema doesnt' seem
to show up as a table.