Re: patch to add krb_server_hostname to postgresql.conf - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: patch to add krb_server_hostname to postgresql.conf
Date
List pgsql-patches
Todd Kover <kovert@omniscient.com> writes:
> The attached patch adds a directive to the config file,
> krb_server_hostname that allows the hostname that service tickets are
> obtained against to be different from the hostname of the db server.

Why is this necessary?  If it is necessary, wouldn't something similar
be needed at the client end as well?  I'd have thought that host
information would be established by some sort of system-wide
configuration file, not by per-program options.

Also, the available documentation says that PG_KRB_SRVNAM is a service
name, not a host name, so I feel like there's something wrong with your
description of what you're doing.

            regards, tom lane