Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 06:25 +0300, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Should packagers be concerned with /contrib at all ?

IMHO, yes. We (PGDG RPMs) ship contrib modules with a separate RPM, in
case someone wants to use it.

> Arguably, a good packager should make its own decisions about what to
> include in his/her/its packages, which may include stuff from
> pgfoundry and also may omit stuff from /contrib .

It is not packager's decision to add/remove software from PostgreSQL
code. A packager should be responsible to ship the software which is the
(almost) the same as PostgreSQL Core (of course we add some patches, but
they do not change the functionality, etc).

...for example, I built many pgfoundry modules as seperate packages (and
they will be available with a yum repository next week or so)

http://developer.postgresql.org/~devrim/rpms/other

Regards
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ