Re: Autostart PostgreSQL in Ubuntu - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johann Maar
Subject Re: Autostart PostgreSQL in Ubuntu
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

> /var/run/ might be on a temporary file system.  So you need to adjust
> your init script to create that directory if it doesn't exist.

That is what I tried now and it works for now.

I never had installed the Debian's PostgreSQL packages and I once
manually installed those init.d-script. Assigning that to the
different runlevels is possible by manually add those symbolic links
or by using a runlevel editor GUI in Ubuntu.

Thanks very much for all your responses!

Sebastian