Is there any performance penalty using --with-ssl? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Palle Girgensohn
Subject Is there any performance penalty using --with-ssl?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

I am preparing the update of the FreeBSD port of PostgreSQL with the
upcoming 7.2, and I'm just wondering: is there any performance penalty
intoduced by including --with-ssl in the default configure args? Of course,
if SSL is actually *used*, I know what'll happen ;-)  Just wondering
whether there is any reason not to include it by default if it exists on
the system; will it decrease performance for those who don't use it?

Regards,
Palle