Re: 8.2 beta blockers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.2 beta blockers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@acm.org> writes:
> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:
>> I see the following items standing between us and putting out 8.2beta1:
>> * AIX linking issues

> This has to do with the discussion about shared vs static libs?

> If a patch is put out, it'll get build-farm results on AIX within a
> couple hours.

Yeah, I know, which is why I don't find it absolutely critical that
this make it to beta1.  But one of the concerns mentioned in the thread
is that the changes might break things for older AIX versions.  If we
get it into beta1, we have a better chance of finding out before release
whether there are any issues with AIX versions that aren't represented
in buildfarm.