Re: more contrib: log rotator - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: more contrib: log rotator
Date
Re: more contrib: log rotator  (Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info>)
Re: more contrib: log rotator  (Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Jim Buttafuoco" <jim@contactbda.com> writes:
> Would the plan be to add it to pg_ctl?

You would not actually have to: you could just pipe pg_ctl's output to
pglog-rotator.  But I think it'd be cool if pg_ctl had an option to use
pglog-rotator, or maybe even adopt it as standard behavior.

I think we would have to make the rotator script be mainstream rather
than contrib if we wanted pg_ctl to use it directly.  That was why I was
thinking maybe mainstream ...

Andrew, could you toss up the script on pgsql-patches just so people can
take a look?  Then we could think more about where to go with it.