Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
Date
Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
List pgsql-performance
> "Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > I looked at this last May and my notes say "ExecutorState". I guess that
> > was wrong, but my analysis showed there was a single malloc of 8228
> > bytes happening once per query during my tests.
>
> Well, if you can track down where it's coming from, we could certainly
> hack the containing context's parameters.  But EState's not it.

Well, I discover there is an allocation of 8232 (inflation...) made once
per statement by a memory context called... ExecutorState. Still not
sure exactly which allocation this is, but its definitely once per
statement on pgbench, which should narrow it down. Plan, query etc?

I don't see a way to hack the allocation, since the max chunk size is
8K.

--
  Simon Riggs
  EnterpriseDB  http://www.enterprisedb.com