Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> "Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > EState is about 8300 bytes,
>
> What?
>
> (gdb) p sizeof(EState)
> $1 = 112
>
> This is on a 32-bit machine, but even on 64-bit it wouldn't be more than
> double that.
>
> > Would it be worth a special case in the palloc system to avoid having to
> > repeatedly issue external memory allocation calls?
>
> The appropriate hack would be to change the AllocSetContextCreate
> initial-size parameter for the containing context.  But I really have
> no idea what you're on about.

I looked at this last May and my notes say "ExecutorState". I guess that
was wrong, but my analysis showed there was a single malloc of 8228
bytes happening once per query during my tests.

--
  Simon Riggs
  EnterpriseDB  http://www.enterprisedb.com