Re: minor doc fixes for REL_12_STABLE - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: minor doc fixes for REL_12_STABLE
Date
List pgsql-docs
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 04:13:00PM +0300, Liudmila Mantrova wrote:
>> Looks like you have also changed "an SQL" to "a SQL" in some cases (but not
>> everywhere), and I wonder what's the official guidance here for PostgreSQL
>> documentation.

> This was discussed not long ago, and there was no actual consensus
> that one was better than the other.

Yeah.  Some people pronounce SQL as "sequel", while others say
"ess-que-ell", and then whether you say "a" or "an" depends on that.
There's no definitive right answer on the pronunciation.

It might be best to try to cast your sentences so that the issue
doesn't come up ;-)

            regards, tom lane