Re: Warm standby patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Warm standby patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 17:04 -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> I'm submitting this patch in attempt to clarify some issues with the
> warm standby documentation which caused some confusion in our
> organization and which have been recently discussed on the admin list.
>
> I apologize for posting twice, but I noticed that my pseudo-code
> was unnecessarily long and complex, and the two return points might
> offend some people.

Looks OK, but this isn't specific enough.

This confusion was one of the reasons I wrote contrib/pg_standby, at
least to illustrate the handling of the files.

Another confusion you may encounter is that if you copy the files as
soon as they are available the files may not yet be fully written and so
an incomplete file may be copied into place.

I'll add more to the docs for the 8.3 changes.

--
  Simon Riggs