Re: Reducing NUMERIC size for 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Reducing NUMERIC size for 8.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> "Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > Since this is your idea, would you like to do this, or should I?
>
> Go for it.

OK

> I'm not actually convinced this is worth spending time on,
> as Greg Stark's 1-byte-varlena patch already saved more for typical
> numerics than this will.

Understood, thats why I left this till last. This will save even more on
top of those savings. My concern is to make this change now while we
can, since we will be aiming for 8.3->8.4 to be a binary upgrade.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com