Re: Load Distributed Checkpoints, revised patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Load Distributed Checkpoints, revised patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
> "Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > checkpoint_maxpages would seem like a better name; we've already had
> > those _maxpages settings for 3 releases, so changing that is not really
> > an option (at so late a stage).
>
> Sure it is.

Maybe, but we need a proposal before we agree to change anything.

If we can get rid of them, good, but if we can't I'd like to see a clear
posting of the parameters, their meaning and suggested names before we
commit this, please.

BTW, checkpoint_write_percent actually does what I wanted, but I wasn't
able to guess that from the name. checkpoint_duration_percent?

--
  Simon Riggs