Re: [DOCS] OS/X startup scripts - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: [DOCS] OS/X startup scripts
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sun, 2007-13-05 at 18:58 -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> cvs diff works just great until you want to add or remove a file
> without write permissions to the CVS repository, i.e. when you've
> checked out as anonymous.

Personally, I usually work against a checkout from a local mirror of the
CVS repository (which you can create via cvsup or rsync). With that
setup, "cvs add" and "cvs diff -N" work fine, since you can arrange for
write access to the local mirror.

(I'm always surprised to hear that anyone does a non-trivial amount of
work on Postgres without setting up a CVS mirror...)

-Neil