Re: Incremental backups - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kev
Subject Re: Incremental backups
Date
List pgsql-general
On Apr 17, 10:27 am, j_mageshwa...@sifycorp.com (Mageshwaran) wrote:
> hi everyone,
>
> please any one give any methods to do incremental backups. it is urgent
> .. help me
>
> Regards
> J Mageshwaran

Sorry, I don't have anything implemented, but I've been wondering
about this too.  One way (not necessarily the best) might be an audit
trail if done in such a way that you could rebuild the entire database
from the audit trail.  Then you need only back up the audit entries
since the last backup.  However, you have to keep all backups, or once
in a while do a 'fresh start' backup where you take all audit
entries.  There's another thread starting about audit trails, you
might want to check there.

Kev