Re: scrollable cursor support without MOVE statement - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: scrollable cursor support without MOVE statement
Date
List pgsql-patches
> "Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > I'm concerned that many PL/pgSQL routines will now run slower because
> > they may now be considered scrollable when they previously were not.
>
> There is no change in the default behavior.

Previously:
- PL/pgSQL cursors were non-scrollable
- DECLARE CURSOR cursors were not non-scrollable by default

The new docs say it is "query dependent", whereas previously the default
was non-scrollable. That sounds like a change in the default behaviour,
so I'm trying to dig a little deeper.

Are you saying that if I don't say anything at all then a cursor will be
non-scrollable?

--
  Simon Riggs