Re: a question about Direct I/O and double buffering - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Lewis
Subject Re: a question about Direct I/O and double buffering
Date
List pgsql-performance
Not to hijack this thread, but has anybody here tested the behavior of
PG on a file system with OS-level caching disabled via forcedirectio or
by using an inherently non-caching file system such as ocfs2?

I've been thinking about trying this setup to avoid double-caching now
that the 8.x series scales shared buffers better, but I figured I'd ask
first if anybody here had experience with similar configurations.

-- Mark