Re: problem with plural-forms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: problem with plural-forms
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> ... Notice also that we have subtly embedded the
> preferred English phrase ordering here: if someone wants to pull the
> same type of trick in a language where the bytecount ought to come
> first, he's just plain out of luck.

Uh, scratch that [ not enough caffeine yet ].  What this coding embeds
is the assumption that the filecount is the only variable we might wish
to replace with a constant string, which is safe enough since that's the
only one that we know a fixed value for in any one ngettext string.

Still, I agree with Greg's opinion that this is just not a real good
thing to be doing.