Re: OT: Canadian Tax Database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: OT: Canadian Tax Database
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 10:15, Ted Byers wrote:

> I recall being told by one project manager I knew years ago who had an
> opportunity to create a bid for an RFP issued by Transport Canada (long long
> ago).  He refuse, so his employer prepared the bid.  He refused because the
> RFP was a joke.  There were absolutely no functional requirements, nor

Your story reminded me of a dear friend who works for the department of
the interior here in the US who routinely was dressed down for writing
functional, reliable software quickly and with a minimum of bugs and
fuss.  He made all the other people in his office feel bad.

sigh.