Re: OT: Canadian Tax Database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guy Fraser
Subject Re: OT: Canadian Tax Database
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 09:15 -0500, Ted Byers wrote:
> [...]
Come on, they don't hire incompetent fools. The hire the people
they need to fill their quota regardless of how well trained
and experienced they are. I am not saying that non white males
are in any way less competent than white males, but by removing
them from the pool does not make things better. The biggest
problem with quotas is not hiring less qualified staff, it is
that less qualified staff know why they were hired and know that
they are very unlikely to be fired, so they have little incentive
to work hard or attempt to do their best, they can always fail
upwards.

...snip...

--
Guy Fraser