Re: European Group - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: European Group
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 14:27 +0100, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:

>    Following the chat we had on IRC a few days ago, I am writing
> informally to inquire about the constitution of an European Group of
> PostgreSQL users, a network of national PostgreSQL User Groups spread
> all over Europe.

>    Anyway, if you are interested, we could even dedicate some time
> regarding this issue during the next PGDay, which will be held in
> Prato, Tuscany on July 7 2007.

Gabriele,

This is a very good idea.

I will be able to contribute actively to this idea over the coming
months as we approach the release of PostgreSQL 8.3 and beyond,
including attending various meetings around Europe.

From my side, I won't be able to contribute at all until *after* feature
freeze at the end of March. It's hectic now, but many of us will be able
to put more time in after feature freeze.

In answer to Magnus, I think a key goal of the group should be to
provide assistance and encouragement to allow creation of PUGs in all
areas of Europe that aren't fully covered, yet. Many PUGs are already
fairly large so I'd hope to gain their assistance and advice on how best
to achieve this.

--
  Simon Riggs