Re: How to force disconnections from a Perl script? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: How to force disconnections from a Perl script?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 03:43, Tom Lane wrote:
> Nonsense.  pg_stat_activity + "kill -TERM" should solve this problem
> reasonably well.  Some of us don't trust kill -TERM 100%, which is why
> it's not currently exposed as a standard function, but if you're using
> a reasonably recent PG release it's probably safe.

Oh, OK... so pg_stat_activity shows all connections now ? Or it was
always like that ? For some reason I thought it will only show
connections where a transaction is in progress. Idle can mean there is
nothing executing at all... are those shown too ?

Cheers,
Csaba.