Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp releases notes for 8.2.3, 8.1.8, 8.0.12. - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp releases notes for 8.2.3, 8.1.8, 8.0.12.
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 13:21 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> If there is some value to capturing every change, but still keeping the
> release notes a readable length, please let me know.

If it fixes a real, non-theoretical bug and has been backpatched to a
stable release branch, I would say in most cases it is worth documenting
in the release notes. Describing every change made in a new feature
release (i.e. 8.3.0) would be far too much verbiage, but far fewer
changes are made to stable branches. Also, documenting all the
significant changes in stable branch releases is valuable to let users
identify possible regressions.

-Neil