Re: Ooops ... seems we need a re-release pronto - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Ooops ... seems we need a re-release pronto
Re: Ooops ... seems we need a re-release pronto  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 12:33 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> Is a test going to get added to the regression tests to catch similar
> regressions in the future?

While we can modify the regression tests to catch this specific problem
in the future, I wonder if there ought to be more testing of security
releases in the future. When a problem is reported, fixed, tested, and
the resulting security fix is publicly distributed all without public
discussion (e.g. on the -hackers list), that sounds like an invitation
to introduce regressions to me.

-Neil