Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Devrim GUNDUZ
Subject Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases?
Date
Re: How to coordinate web team for security releases?  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
List pgsql-www
Hello,

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 20:52 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > What I need is a non-public list for this, so that I can ask for web
> > site changes 3-4 days ahead without it becoming a news item.
>
> Will that really help? In this case, the files were uploaded to the
> ftp site long before you made your post to the -www list... Does it
> really make a difference?

Here is what I have been thinking about this for a while:

* As now, an announce to -packagers about the new release.

* Upload the new tarballs to a private area (instead of public FTP site)
so that only packagers and other related people can download them to
build the packages, etc.

* Win32 binaries, source tarballs and RPMs will be uploaded to another
directory (not to FTP site in developer.postgresql.org) before the
release.

* After we are done with all of them, (that takes 2 days only), we'll
move this directory to FTP site and wait for propagation.

Does it look good?
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ