Re: [pgsql-patches] Patch to avoid gprofprofilingoverwrites - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From
Subject Re: [pgsql-patches] Patch to avoid gprofprofilingoverwrites
Date
List pgsql-patches
>> What about a "--enable-gprof" (or "--enable-profiling"?) configure
>> flag? This could add the appropriate compiler flags to CFLAGS, enable
>> LINUX_PROFILE if on Linux, and enable the "gprof/pid" mkdir().

> That would really only work for GCC, wouldn't it?

Well, yeah, but that's what many of us use anyway.  I would envision it
as adding $(PROFILE) to CFLAGS, and then there would be one place
to adjust "-pg" to something else for another compiler --- perhaps the
template files could be given a chance to change PROFILE to something
else.

I don't feel competent to muck around with configure.in (sorry, I'm not tying to shirk the work, I've just never had any success in writing configure/automake/autoconf stuff - I have the "leaping goats" book, but I need a small meaningful example to start with).

Can someone else volunteer to make this change?  And then forward the patch to me so I can learn something useful about how to change configure.in without breaking it?

            -- Korry