Re: Recent vendor SSL renegotiation patches break PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Recent vendor SSL renegotiation patches break PostgreSQL
Date
Re: Recent vendor SSL renegotiation patches break PostgreSQL
List pgsql-hackers
> 2010/2/22 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
>>> One way to deal with it would be to expose the whole renegotiation
>>> setting as a user configuratble option. So they can set *when* we
>>> renegotiate, which would also let them turn it off completely.
>>
>> Well, that might be a reasonable thing to do, because it's not just a
>> temporary kluge (that we won't know when to remove) but is adding an
>> arguably-useful-in-other-ways knob.

> You'd still have to turn it off on the server side if you have a
> *single* client that has the broken patch, but that's still a lot
> better than nothing.

Well, if it's a GUC it can be set per-user or per-database, so there's
at least some hope of not having to turn it off for everyone.

> Think it's worth taking a stab at?

If you want to do it, I'd be fine with it.