Re: Using transactions with plpythonu - Mailing list pgsql-general

From imageguy
Subject Re: Using transactions with plpythonu
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> "imageguy" <imageguy1206@gmail.com> writes:
> > In my testing so far, it seems that each call to plpy.execute('INSERT
> > INTO ....') is committed immediately.
>
> On what do you base that (erroneous) conclusion?
>
> The fact that a transaction can see its own updates does not mean they
> are committed.

Tom, I newbie and have only been using postgresql for about 2-3 weeks,
so I hope you will forgive my for jumping to an erroneous conclusion.
As stated in a previous post I will rework my test enviroment so I have
a better understanding functions and transactions.

Thanks again help.

Geoff.