Re: PLpgsql debugger question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PLpgsql debugger question
Date
List pgsql-general
Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> writes:
> Who said anything was incorrect? It's just a bit misleading (the Info
> Week Article).

Three out of the four features mentioned in your quote are not part of
core Postgres, so the author was obviously taking a very wide view of
what "Postgres" is.  Or was just misinformed.

> Whoever is doing the release notes may want to have something in there
> about the debugger and the fact that it's not included and has to be
> manually compiled and all that.

Yup, I can see it now:

    <para>
     Never believe anything you read in Information Week.
    </para>

Seriously, we can't be expected to worry about misstatements made by
others.  If we had to add a paragraph to the release notes for every
incorrect thing that's ever been said about Postgres, they'd be
completely unreadable rather than just mostly.

            regards, tom lane