Re: Command "connect by prior" in PostgreSQL ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Command "connect by prior" in PostgreSQL ?
Re: Command "connect by prior" in PostgreSQL ?  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 07:38, Leandro Repolho wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> In Oracle i use the command "connect by prior" and i need to use it in
> PostgreSQL, what is the sintax?

What does connect by prior do?  Reuse a connection from one db to
another?  I don't think there's anything like that in postgresql.

You might wanna tell us what an oracle command does next time, since
many folks here aren't that familiar with Oracle.  Heck, I use oracle
everyday and I'm not familiar with connect by prior...