Re: pg_restore [archiver] file offset in dump file is too large - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_restore [archiver] file offset in dump file is too large
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> File dumped from 8.1beta3 using pg_dump -Fc on Linux box.
> This dump restored successfully onto 8.1RC1 on Linux box.
> File FTP'd to Windows box; attempt to restore onto 8.1RC1 fails with:
> pg_restore [archiver] file offset in dump file is too large

[ itch... ] This sure as heck sounds like the file was corrupted during
the FTP transfer.  Did you remember to select binary transfer mode?

> On Windows, the file size and md5sum -b result is identical.

That observation does seem like evidence against my theory, but ...