Re: Dead Space Map patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Dead Space Map patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 15:14 +0900, ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
> Even if it is off, DSM are always recorded and updated.

The purpose of the patch, as I understand it, is performance.

Can I ask what the performance overhead of this is for standard OLTP
workloads?

Do you have some performance numbers for VACUUM with/without this patch?
Presumably it does speed things up considerably, but question is, how
much?

Is there a point where you VACUUM more than x% of a table that it is
actually better to just VACUUM the whole thing, because of readahead?

Is there a size of table for which keeps dsm information is not
worthwhile? i.e. small tables

--
  Simon Riggs