Re: Could not create relation: File exists error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Could not create relation: File exists error
Date
List pgsql-general
Jesse Cleary <jcleary@email.unc.edu> writes:
> This script has been running successfully for several months (70-90 min each night).  Out of the blue I'm now getting
thefollowing error message after each psql command, except the last vacuum full analyze command:

> ERROR:  could not create relation 1663/835021/4294967254: File exists

Hm, it seems suggestive that the last number is only a few counts short
of UINT_MAX.  Not sure what to make of it though.  Do you in fact have
files under $PGDATA/base/835021/ with names in that range?

            regards, tom lane