Re: URGENT: Out of disk space pg_xlog - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeremy Haile
Subject Re: URGENT: Out of disk space pg_xlog
Date
List pgsql-performance
checkpoint_segments has been set at 12 for a while and was never set
higher than that. (before that it was set to the PG default - 3 I think)

Before the server crashed I was running an update that updates a boolean
flag on two large tables (10 million rows each) for transactions older
than today (roughly 80% of the rows)  The transaction ran for a long
time and I assume is what caused the pg_xlog to fill up.