Re: (bash the search engine) Don't split on underscore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reece Hart
Subject Re: (bash the search engine) Don't split on underscore
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 13:25 +0100, Hannes Dorbath wrote:
I think it would be useful to adjust the parser to not split on underscores:

In case I'd like to lookup PG's to_number() function I won't get
anything useful. Number is contained nearly everywhere and to is
configured as stop word. Same with most other functions.

That would be useful and almost certainly result in better specificity.  A counter example is searching for "information schema", for which you'd probably want hits to "information_schema" as well.

-Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://harts.net/reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0
./universe -G 6.672e-11 -e 1.602e-19 -protonmass 1.673e-27 -uspres bush