Re: Performance figures from DbMail list - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Performance figures from DbMail list
Date
Re: Performance figures from DbMail list  (Russ Brown <pickscrape@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 22:04 +0100, Mikael Carneholm wrote:
> This link adds to the joy...
>
> http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?25,93181,93181
>
> So the most popular free "database" in the world is a lousy performing
> product that accepts 'gabba gabba hey' as a valid timestamp. Someone
> please, give me a reason not to get cynical...

To be fair, he was running the cluster on a 100Mbps network. Depending
on his setup, that may have been his bottleneck. However, there's a good
chance that's not his only problem. Especially if he's so sold on MySQL
Cluster that he's trying to find a place to use it.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis