Re: Restore database from files (not dump files)? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Restore database from files (not dump files)?
List pgsql-general

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 02:41, wheel wrote:
> In article <20061206212608.GN6835@merkur.hilbert.loc>,
> Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net says...
> > On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 12:16:35PM -0800, wheel wrote:
> >
> > re Bruce Momjian
> > > Wow, what an unfriendly dude!
> > Well, he's one of the very guys who make all this
> > (PostgreSQL, that is) happen for us.
> >
> > Karsten
> >
> Yes I know he's a mainstay here, and figured the crew wouldn't want to
> ruffle his feathers with an admonishment.

Let's add up the score:

Bruce:
works hard on the pgsql project
gives selflessly of his time to help newbies
is a genuinely pleasant guy to hang out with
shows respect for people.
is often the voice of moderation in discussions on the list
has a working email address so I can respond to him if needs be

Some person named "wheel":
has committed zero time or effort to this project
has helped no one on the list, including himself
has been singularly unpleasant to deal with
shows no respect for those trying to help him
is a divisive voice on an otherwise pleasant mailing list
has no working email address, so I cannot be sure he will ever get this.

I notice you didn't reply to my answer to your question.  Not a howdy, a
thanks or a request for clarification.

Please, go use a different database, seriously.