Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0
List pgsql-advocacy
> But it seems to me that PostgreSQL otherwise offers a lot more, such
> as having a bunch of stored procedure languages, by default, as well
> as mature support for things like triggers, views, rules,
> notifications, an extensible type system, 2PC, custom aggregates, and
> such.
>
> Perhaps I am looking wrongly at "bundled functionality;" what sizable
> list of "bundled MySQL functionality" am I missing?

Replication would be the biggest one. However, you are looking at this
the wrong way... which is to say the honest and correct way.

Most people read the glossy cover, see the hot lingerie model and sign
up for the credit card. The same goes for reading the press about what
MySQL supposedly supports.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/