Re: WAL ends before end time of backup dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: WAL ends before end time of backup dump
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 09:39 -0500, Woody Woodring wrote:
> Which Sunday?  Could you have been bitten by some DST time shift?  There
> were 2 1ams a couple of weeks ago.

Hah, interesting idea, but it wasn't that the basebackup didn't exist,
and it wasn't that I had two of them close together. I had one base
backup, and apparently one of the logs archived at that time is corrupt
(or perhaps archived too soon).

The log file has bytes throughout, but I suppose that doesn't tell me
anything because of the recycling.

It would be handy if there was a way to check whether archived log files
are good or not without trying to go through recovery.

I still really don't know what caused this. I think it may have
something to do with a lot of activity happening during my base backup.
I am sending syslog data to the database, and I imagine a lot of syslog
data is generated by other cron scripts at that time.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis