Re: X.50x OID representation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From redhog
Subject Re: X.50x OID representation
Date
List pgsql-general
> Looks like something for ltree, which is a datatype for storing
> tree-structured data.
>
> http://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgsql/browser/trunk/pgsql/contrib/ltree/README.ltree

Unfourtunately, ltree seems to compare node labels in lexicographic
order:

 "have their usual meanings. Comparison is doing in the order of direct
tree traversing, children of a node are sorted lexicographic."

Maybe it is possible to hack it to support numeric order, but that
would mean I'd introduce a new non-approoved patch that users of my
application would have to apply to their database in order to run my
application. Since my application is vaguely security related, that is
a big non-no - I need to keep dependencies and code simple and easy to
get an overview of and review...